The Erasmus Energy Awards 2017
There’s an international audience expecting to see your new ideas in the field of future energy business. We’re inviting business and science projects to enter the Erasmus Energy Business Award and the Erasmus Energy Science Award 2017.
They recognise, reward and celebrate new ideas and research in the field of future energy business. Being shortlisted or winning are prized achievements. Entrants are evaluated by leading industry and academic experts for their innovative, and sustainable content and economic viability. The awards are presented during the annual Erasmus Energy Forum, a platform for global energy information excellence in which you can showcase your project to an international audience and network. Our audience includes business leaders, policy-makers, international investors, regulators, innovators and academics.
Last year, the Erasmus Centre for Future Energy Business presented two Business Awards instead of just one; our judges considered two of the three shortlisted concepts equally excellent. Blue Motion Energy and Geospin were joint winners of the 2016 Erasmus Energy Business Award.
Erasmus Energy Business Award 2017
For the best innovative and sustainable energy concept or business model that contributes to improving people’s lives, business success, and the planet.
Three shortlisted entries will be invited to bring a prepared pitch for their idea or concept to the Erasmus Energy Forum on Thursday June 29, Business Day. The Erasmus Energy Forum audience has a say by voting for the most inspiring project. The jury result for a winner will have the final vote for choosing the Erasmus Energy Business Award winner.
All entrants to the Erasmus Energy Business Awards are entitled to use the discounted alumni and academics rate when registering for the Erasmus Energy Forum 2017.
Three shortlisted entries will
- Get detailed feedback from our expert judges in the energy business
- Feature on www.erasmusenergyforum.nl and www.rsm.nl
- be invited to exhibit in the Energy Expo at the Erasmus Energy Forum and can use the networking breaks in the programme to grow their business connections
- Be included in the video of the Erasmus Energy Award Ceremony 2017
The winner receives
- The Erasmus Energy Award for Business 2017
- An exclusive five-minute pitch on the stage at the Erasmus Energy Forum Business Day audience on Thursday 29 June
- an invitation to the river cruise networking dinner on Thursday evening
- A news item issued by RSM, home of the Erasmus Centre for Future Energy Business
How to enter
You can nominate your own business project, or a third party. Nominations can be individuals, public institutions, NGOs or business enterprises. The nomination (no more than three sides of A4) should include:
- the title of the concept
- organisation or person to be nominated
- an executive summary
- short description of the concept
- short description of the reasons why it improves value to people, business, and the planet
- contact information (name, phone and email) of the nominator
Please send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erasmus Energy Business Award nominations will be judged on the novelty of the project’s approach and proposal, as well as the quality and value of the business potential and its contribution to the planet.
- The judges will rate the nominations with the following requirements; Sustainability, Innovation, Economic viability and Impact on people’s lives.
- A list of three award finalists will be announced on the website post judging. The finalists are the three best nominations based on the jury judgement and rating.
- Finalists need to register for the Erasmus Energy Business Day, June 29 2017.
- Finalists need to prepare a presentation or poster or exhibition to present their project to the audience at the energy expo during the network breaks of the conference. The audience can vote for their most inspiring and innovative project during the conference day until the award ceremony.
- The jury will have the final say in deciding the Erasmus Energy Business Award winner.
- The winner will be announced at the Erasmus Energy Award Ceremony in the afternoon programme of the Erasmus Energy Business Day, 29 June 2017.
- The winner will have a five minute pitch for the Erasmus Energy Forum audience directly after the winner is announced.
- The winner will be mentioned in a RSM news release.
- The winner will be invited to join the evening programme including a networking dinner cruise on the Port of Rotterdam vessel.
The deadline for nominations is Monday 15 May 2017
Our judging panel consists of highly respected, expert industry figures from some of the world’s most innovative and exciting companies.
- Volker Beckers, Chairman of the ECFEB Advisory Board, former CEO of RWE Npower
- Dirk Schlesinger, Chief Digital Officer, TÜV SÜD
- Rick Heerink, Change & Innovation Manager, Stedin
- Ruud Melieste, Economist, Corporate Strategy at Port of Rotterdam
- Fred van Beuningen, Director, Clean Tech Delta
The jury will judge the entries for the Erasmus Energy Business Award on the novelty of their approaches and proposals, as well as the quality and value of the business potential and its global environmental contribution.
Read more about previous Erasmus Energy Forums.
Erasmus Energy Science Award 2017
The Erasmus Energy Science Award 2017 is open to researchers submitting papers to the academic conference on Science Day at the Erasmus Energy Forum 2017 on Wednesday, 28 June. The judges will be looking for the research paper that best pairs practical relevance to future energy business, and presents new findings with scientific rigour.
The conference’s Programme Committee will nominate their preferences and the Chairs of the Energy Informatics & Management conference (EIM 2017) will make the final decision. All entrants will receive expert feedback from the judges.
All entrants to the Erasmus Energy Science Awards are entitled to use the discounted alumni and academics rate when registering for the Erasmus Energy Forum 2017.
Three shortlisted entries will
- Be featured on www.erasmusenergyforum.nl
- Be invited for presentation during the Science Day on Wednesday 28 June.
- Be invited to prepare a poster (including standard) or other presentation material to exhibit at the Energy Expo during the Erasmus Energy Forum Business Day on Thursday 29 June at World Trade Center in Rotterdam. They can use the networking breaks in the programme to connect with the wider future energy business participants.
The winner receives
- The Erasmus Energy Award for Science 2017 and € 500 prize money
- A news item issued by the Erasmus Centre for Future Energy Business.
- Be included in the video of the Erasmus Energy Award Ceremony 2017.
Submissions for the Erasmus Energy Science Award 2017 should be made according to the guidelines to be found on www.erasmusenergyforum.com/science-day.
Nominations will be judged on their scientific rigour, potential for innovation and applicability to the real world, demonstrated by the research.
Accepted entrants need to register for the Erasmus Energy Forum 2017.
The deadline for submission of papers is Tuesday, 14 April 2017.
A panel of six judges will make their selection based on paper reviews. Three of the judges act as Programme Chairs for EIM 2017, the academic part of the Erasmus Energy Forum, and one is from the energy industry. They are:
- Prof. Peter Palensky, Chair of Intelligent Electrical Power Grids, TU Delft
- Prof. Gilbert Fridgen, Professor of Information Systems and Sustainable IT Management, University of Bayreuth
- Jan Paul Buijs, Manager CIO Office at Enexis
- Dr Tobias Brandt, Assistant Professor at the Department of Technology and Operations Management, RSM
- Dr Yashar Ghiassi-Farrokhfal, Assistant Professor at the Department of Technology and Operations Management, RSM
- Wolf Ketter, Professor of Next Generation Information Systems, RSM.
For questions about the Erasmus Energy Awards, please contact Erasmus Centre for Future Energy Business;